How to correctly wash your hands at home or in public?
Cleaning your hands is the best way to protect your family and yourself from getting ill. You probably know how to wash your hands correctly, but you don’t necessarily follow.
Hand washing is effortless, and it's the most efficient method to restrict the spread out of microbes and virus, such as COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus). Fully clean hands can prevent bacteria from dispersing from one individual to other individual and spanning to an entire neighborhood — from your workplace and home to hospitals and childcare facilities.
Below are the suggested timing and steps of washing hands from CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) of the US.
What's the best time to clean your hands?
If you and your family members want to stay healthy then you need to wash your hands more often, especially during the following key times when germs are likely to get on the hands and can easily spread to others:
• During, before and after preparing food
• Hand washing is a must before enjoying food
• Prior to and just after having contact a person who is ill
• After and before treating a wound or cut
• Hand washing immediately after using the restroom
• Washing up a kid who has done the potty or after changing diapers
• If you blow your nose, cough, or sneeze, hand washing is a must
• When you touch an animal (even your pet), animal waste or animal feed, please wash your hand
• After coming in contact with garbage
What's the best way to clean your hands?
You need to follow the five procedures described below to clean your hands appropriately every single time.
1. First, put your hands under the faucet to soak your palms with thoroughly clean, flowing water, whether it's cold or warm.
2. Then use liquid soap, foam soap or soap bar to lather your hands. Make sure to scrub the backside of your palms, under your finger nails and between your fingers.
3. You can scrub your hands for 10-20 seconds. You can hum any of your favorite song during this time!
4. Run the tap again and put your hands under fresh, running water. Rinse your hands properly.
5. Lastly, you need to dry your palms using a hand dryer or a clean towel.
What should you do when washing your hands outside?
When in a restaurant or hospital, you may not want to wash your hands using something that has been touched by many strangers, but you have to wash your hands under these occasions. The good news is there are more and more public washrooms using automatic accessories such as auto faucet, auto soap dispenser and auto hand dryer. These hands-free commercial bathroom products can help decrease the possibilities of cross infection.
Also, there is an alternative when you can’t find water and soap near you - hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer usually comes in gel. The suggested procedures of using sanitizer are as follows: Apply enough amount of hand sanitizer to your palms, and then rub your hands together, just like washing your hands, carefully rub all over your hands and fingers until your hands are dry. If you’re using alcohol, 75% alcohol is the best percentage to kill most of the germs.
Same as auto faucet and auto soap dispenser, auto sanitizer dispenser is now common to see in shopping malls, hospitals and office buildings. When you see an auto sanitizer dispenser in public places, it’s a good idea to give it a try. However, please noted that using sanitizer isn’t as effective as washing hands using water and soap when it comes to keeping your hands clean, especially when your hands are greasy or very dirty. Moreover, there are certain types of germs that sanitizer and alcohol cannot get rid of. The best way to protect you and your family from getting sick, including COVID-19 is still washing your hands and dry them thoroughly.
Where can I find good quality auto commercial bathroom accessories?
Hokwang offers full range of commercial hygiene products, including auto hand dryer, auto soap dispenser, auto sanitizer dispenser, auto faucet and auto flush valves. Our auto soap dispensers can switch to an auto sanitizer dispenser by changing the pump. For more information please visit the products page below, or send us an inquiry to let us know your requirements. Our professionals will recommend the most suitable products you need in the commercial restroom!
- Related Products
The hand-washing station is an automatic commercial hand washing station in an integrated design....Details
The InnoWash wash station is an innovative hand washing station which allows washing, rising...Details